Our Year Of Living (Beautifully) Without WalMart

Monday, August 10, 2009

quincenera...

well...i have been out of high school for fifteen years now. still waiting to bloom....
till then, the ol' reunion is coming up in september....so they sent out the "survey" and stuff months ago and i am sending mine back on wednesday....just a few (two weeks) days past the deadline!
you may not understand, but i am under a bit of "pressure" ha (just kidding, seriously...i live for this!) because when i wrote for the 5th reunion, they READ IT OUT LOUD (or so i hear, i had a new bastian at the time and didn't make it)...
i didn't get my entry in the ten year book....not to be intentionally mysterious, i was just kneedeep in the psychodivorcedrama...i went...to the reunion...at the bowling alley, i just didnt WRITE....

this year i created the questions, well, 4 of them...guess which ones! (class muse)

so...here is this year's. i like it. i was very intentional. (of course)

What are you doing now? (job, marital status, kids, etc.)
I spend my days living the FHA* dream....I am the mother of three darling children. Sebastian is ten years old and in the 5th grade. River just turned three and BellaLuna is almost two. You do the math. I am married to my husband, Jonathan. He is an artist. I enjoy sewing, reading, writing, living the difference i want to see in the world, escaping to the sauna at the Y, and creating mixed media doo-dads. My brain exists on the internet at www.persephonesunset.blogspot.com.

When I was in school, I never would've believed that I would've grown up and.....

had the babies at home. I didn't really know that existed back then. I also didn't imgagine that that I would get two different men to fall in love with me and marry me or that I would have the strength to survive one of their deaths.
That there would be the internet, or 9-11 or the bush administration nightmare or a black president....

If I could thank a teacher, it would be and why....

Mr. Minnich (librarian) taught me my life's most valuable lesson so far- that being, to honor the good in your self and smile-even when others would mock you. To take a deep interest in others and to remember special things about them. And to always try to help people, especially kids, love books and enjoy reading. And Berning, for making artistic machines out of clod hoppers.

My most embarassing memory from school, in retrospect, is...

Oh, there are so many- but I would have to say, that most cringe-worthy, looking back, is how little i enjoyed myself. I should've appreciated you guys and being a kid more than i did. For the negative, i wholeheartedly apologize. For the positive, do tell....

My proudest memory from school, in restrospect, is...

my ability to hold fast to my individuality. But, my favorite "proud memories" surely have to do with success in band. When i look back, that is so awesome. Seriously. Getting the National Choral Award & my curtain calls for Bye Bye Birdie are nothing to sneeze at either!

Is your mailing address correct?

Yes.

********************************************************************
*for those of you who might not know...FHA is the name for a club at our school that stands for Future Homemakers of America...it was by FAR the wittiest thing i came up with to describe "this" :)

No comments: