Our Year Of Living (Beautifully) Without WalMart

Sunday, October 26, 2008

this is how independent-mindedly i was raised...

to say my mother loves elvis presley (and that is ABSTRACT, i know this) is an understatement.

to say my mother is OBSESSED with all things ELVIS is a fact of my life...

everybody knows it, i don't know why i feel sooooo awkward typing it.

?

anyhoo...

(i had this thought whilst driving in the car on the interstate and wrote it down on a slip of paper going 70 mph in the fog)

IF I HAD EVER WANTED TO KISS MY MOM'S ASS AND/OR EARN HER FAVOR, ALL I WOULDA HAD TO'VE DONE WOULD BE TO FAKE A LOVE FOR ELVIS.

my mother has five children. none of whom figured that out. three of whom (probably five) are rebelling AGAINST it.

thats the nutshell blog of the year, i think

the amount of nuance contained up there, though it may appear rather simplistic is incredibly immense and intense.

No comments: